|Format: ||SINGLE ELIMINATION MATCHPLAY TOURNAMENT
The entry fee is $20 which will be automatically billed to you through the club..
You have to be a member of the MGA to participate
Reasons to sign up this year:
· We pay down to last 32
· Entry in this tournament counts toward the Grand Prize raffle at the end of the year party, even if you are eliminated in the first round
* Matches MUST be completed by the following dates.
- Round 1 (128 men) by May 15
- Round 2 (64 men) by June 15
- Round 3 by (32 men) by July 15
- Round 4 (Sweet 16) by August 15
- Round 5 (Elite 8) by September 15
- Round 6 (Final 4) by October 15
- Final match by November 11
|Handicap: ||Matches are played off the low ball using 100% of handicap|
|Scoring: ||Post your score for all matches. ALL SCORES SHALL BE POSTED AS TOURNAMENT SCORES without exceeding the Equitable Stroke Control table. If you pick up and concede the hole, record the most likely score you would have made again, without exceeding the Equitable Stroke Control table.|
If a match ends prior to 18 holes and the remaining holes are not played, scores for the unfinished holes should be entered by comparing a player's handicap to the hole handicap, e.g., if a player's handicap is equal to or higher than the hole handicap one (or more) strokes are added to par and recorded for that hole. If the remaining holes are played record the LOWER of either the actual score or the handicap adjusted score as described above.
|Entry Fee: ||$20 per man|
|Field Size Limit: ||128 Entries|
|Extra Info: ||* USGA Match Play Rules apply, i.e.,the side who is farthest from the hole must play first. Balls belonging to the same side may be played in the order the side considers best. |
* Match, holes and strokes may be conceded, Once a concession has been made it cannot be rescinded or refused.
* Based on course conditions,the players may determine if they will use preferred lies. Both players must agree otherwise play the ball down.
* Default tees are the white tees. However, the match can be played from any tees that both players agree upon.
* After the conclusion of the match, the winning player is responsible for emailing the results to GRMmatchplay@ihmga.org.
* Call the Pro Shop prior to your match and ask the Pro Shop to print your official scorecard. You may also use the Scorecard creation tool on the MGA website. Remember handicaps are off the Low Ball
Organizers decision will be final in all cases and any questions or disputes can be dealt with through the organizers e-mail.
This should be a lot of fun given the random nature of the draw and also it gives an opportunity to forge new acquaintances and quite often new Saturday foursomes. It's what handicaps were meant for. Remember to keep it simple, co-operate as much as possible and don't leave it to the last minute to get your match in.Prizes will be dependent upon number of entrants and will be published after entry list is complete.
Tournament Director: John Sullivan
Cancellation Policy and Instructions